Wednesday 13 August 2014

Big Sky Fanzine Issues 3 and 4 - SF Masterworks special - available now!

A special announcement. The e-fanzine Big Sky, edited by Pete Young, has just released a two-part special edition covering the complete Gollancz SF Masterworks series, a series that regular visitors to my blog will know that is very close to my heart, and featuring contributions from yours truly! The fanzine includes my reviews for Samuel R. Delany's 'Nova', Ursula K. Le Guin's 'The Left Hand Of Darkness', (both issue 3) T. J. Bass' 'Half Past Human', as well as reprinting my reviews of Robert Heinlein's 'Double Star' and John Crowley's 'The Deep', which originally appeared here on this blog. In addition it features reviews and commentary on the complete series by many other talented bloggers, writers and professional authors (Ian McDonald, Jo Walton, Scott Lynch, G. K. Chesterton and TIM POWERS!). Please do visit Big Sky's index page here and give them a read, there is a wealth of fantastic writing here. I would like to thank the editor Pete Young for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this project, and for his tireless work and enthusiasm in putting the whole enormous project together. I am pleased as punch, and incredibly honoured to have my work published in this fanzine, which really is a great read - check out issues 1 and 2, which I did not contribute to but which feature a wide range of interesting and informative articles from early Japanese SF to a detailed discussion of pulp. Thanks again Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment